10 effective exercises for losing weight on the abdomen and sides
The problem of excess weight is relevant for many girls and women. Having a perfect figure and constantly maintaining shape is a lot of work, especially if the problem areas are the abdomen and sides. Proper nutrition and constant physical activity will lead to excellence. You just need to systematically perform 10 exercises for losing weight on the abdomen and sides.
Reasons for the appearance of body fat
Small amounts of fat are normal, especially for girls. These are the anatomical features of the female body. However, with an excessive increase in their volume, it is worth starting to worry. Of course, in this case, it is necessary to adhere to a small diet and perform a number of exercises to lose weight in the abdomen and other areas. It is important to understand what are the reasons for the appearance of excessive amounts of fat on the belly or sides. And then the fight against excess weight will be much more effective. Let's take a closer look at these reasons:
- Metabolic disorders. You can often observe a picture of how some guys and girls eat a lot of fatty and fried foods and always stay in shape. Others, on the other hand, try to limit themselves, but cannot boast of a flat stomach and slender legs. The reason for this difference in the perception of food lies in the fact that the metabolic rate in one and the other example is different. Often, the metabolism is impaired or reduced, which becomes the cause of excess weight gain.
- Genetic codes. Heredity also plays a role in the development of body fat. The amount of fat cells in the body is passed from parent to child.
- Sedentary lifestyle. Sedentary work, lack of physical activity at work and at home is fraught with excess weight.
- Incorrect food. Overeating, eating fast food, a lot of starchy foods and sweets will lead to rapid weight gain. If you also move a little, then fat will be deposited even faster.
- Hormonal background. In the female body, hormones often lead. The slightest disruptions in the body's system and hormones contribute to the appearance of excess weight.
All of these major factors, to a greater or lesser extent, contribute to the increase in the volume of your body.
Major mistakes while doing exercises
Sometimes it happens that you exercise for a long time, do 10-15 exercises daily to remove your stomach and say goodbye to your sides forever, but there is no expected effect. This does not mean that you have to give up and watch helplessly as your belly grows more and more. You need to figure out what the reason is, perhaps the complex is being performed incorrectly. And this is precisely the reason for the lack of result. Let's take a look at the most common mistakes when doing exercises for a flat stomach and slim waist:
- Working on the same exercises all the time. This is a common mistake among beginners, because it seems that only problem areas are worth training. However, only certain muscle groups are involved. Therefore, it is necessary to perform a set of exercises for the whole body and still focus on problem areas.
- Exercise too often or infrequently. It is very important to properly distribute the load and draw up an even training schedule. Do not exercise daily, then the muscles will not rest. And vice versa, doing it once every two weeks, there will be no result due to the lack of the necessary load on the muscles of your body.
- Each exercise must be done correctly. Only the correct load for certain muscles will give the desired result. Very often exercises are done to make it easier or more comfortable. Remember, it can't be easy. Any training is a complex complex. Sometimes it’s better to do less, but it’s better.
- Lack of dynamics. Muscles tend to get used to physical activity. Therefore, from time to time you need to change and complicate old exercises. If this is not done, the effect will come, but not long-term, and it will not be possible to achieve a greater result.
Exercise 2-3 times a week. After about 1. 5-2 months, the muscles will reach a certain tone. After that, it is recommended to increase the load when doing exercises for the abdomen and sides.
Undoubtedly, the complex of effective exercises for the abdomen and hips will bear fruit and the desired weight loss. However, exercise alone is not enough. What to do besides training:
- Eat a healthy diet. You need to get used to the fact that the daily diet will never be the same. Remove carbohydrates from food, forget about fast food, chocolate and sugary soda forever. In addition, eat the bulk of your food in the morning, and force yourself to drink plenty of water (up to 2 liters per day).
- External skin care. Do not forget about the power of a contrast shower, because it helps to tone muscles and skin. Also, be sure to use moisturizing masks and creams.
- Change of work and rest regime. It is important to change your daily routine in general - not time to lie on the couch and watch TV. Walk more in the fresh air, try to walk where you used to use public transport.
- Massager exercises. In addition to physical activity, also use massage movements to improve blood circulation and get rid of cellulite.
In the serious process of fighting for weight loss of the abdomen and sides, a full-fledged approach is important, influence on the problem from all sides.
Training will be most effective if you stick to the plan. You need to choose for yourself about 10 of the best exercises for the abdomen, sides and other problem areas and start physical activity.
Any complete workout should take place in several stages:
- Warm up. This is one of the most important parts of a workout that helps keep the body running and avoid injuries and muscle sprains. Also, a warm-up allows you to prepare your heart for the upcoming stress, because a suddenly started training can disable any of the body's systems. (The warm-up lasts no more than 5 minutes so as not to get tired).
- Cardio exercises. Initially, you need to do a set of exercises that warm up the body and at the same time burn fat. (In time no more than 20 minutes). You need to alternate work and rest, and also go through three circles of the same exercises in turn.
- The main lesson is 15-25 minutes long. This block includes a variety of exercises: standing, supine, plank and others. It is also possible to include equipment in the training: kettlebells, a ball, and more.
- Cool down. It is also worth finishing the workout gradually in order to smoothly normalize the work of the heart and relax the muscles (5 minutes).
Chaotic irregular exercises for the abdomen and sides will never bring the desired weight loss result in problem areas.
10 Exercises to Lose the Abdomen and Hips
Especially for you, selected 10 effective exercises for slimming the abdomen and sides. Together, they will give a good result and make your figure perfect.
10. Spins like a bicycle
Exercise not only helps to remove the annoying belly, but also extra centimeters on the sides. Body position: lying on your back on the mat, place your hands behind your head, your elbows in the air, constantly tense, bend your legs at the knees, and push your heels as much as possible to the body.
The principle of the exercise is to raise your head and body, with your elbows suspended behind your head to help maintain balance. Pull one leg up, the other is bent at the knee, then roll it down, while the lower one, on the contrary, rises up at an angle of about 50 degrees. Repeat the rotation for 30-40 seconds, feel the tension of the press. Then take a rest break of no more than 20 seconds and repeat the rotational movements again. This seemingly easy exercise effectively fights body fat.
9. Torso Rotations
Many muscle groups are involved at the same time, the abdomen is lifted very well. Physical activity is performed from the starting position - lying on your back, hands must be brought behind the head into the lock. At the same time, the knees are bent at an angle of 90 degrees, the feet are on the floor. Raise your torso about 45⁰ and rotate it to the right, then return to the starting position and lower yourself to the floor. Then rise again and turn to the left. When doing it, it is important to keep all abdominal muscles in tension. The movements should be repeated about 10 times in each direction. Take a short break of 10-20 seconds and repeat the series. You also need to constantly monitor your breathing. Inhale and exhale along with the exercise. Also, do not lift your pelvis off the floor during rotational movements, because this will simplify the exercise and minimize the effect of it.
8. Raising the legs
Doing this exercise will give you the firmest abs. At the start, you need to lie on your stomach, then lean on your bent elbows, while keeping your legs and back straight. You should put a soft towel or rug under your hands, because they can get tired. Lift your left leg up, while taking a deep breath. Then, with the exhalation, gently lower your leg. Do the exact same movements with your right leg. Repeat this exercise 10 times on each leg, pause and then two more approaches. During a pause, you can sit down and stretch your arms forward. This will relax the muscles and make the next set easier. It is important to keep your legs and back straight at all times. Otherwise, the exercise will have no effect.
7. Deflection of the torso, kneeling
This exercise builds your abs and strengthens your back. Bend your arms at the elbows and make them your support. The legs are bent at the knees and also stand on the floor, the third point of support is the feet, which rest firmly on the floor. Lift your knees off the floor for a few seconds, then slowly lower them. Breathe in deeply as you raise your knees and exhale as you lower them. Do this movement at least 10-15 times for three full sets with breaks.
The exercise is quite simple, but effective at the same time. Performed in a standing position. Put your feet shoulder-width apart, your back is straight, the muscles are tense, your arms are straightened and spread apart. Do torso rotations and touch the opposite leg with a straightened hand, then vice versa. Make sure that your arms do not bend, and that the touch occurs due to the work of the muscles of the trunk, including the press. With the maximum tension of the whole body, the muscles of the legs and gluteus are also involved. Also watch your breathing while running the mill. You need to repeat the rotational movements 20-30 times, then rest and proceed with two more approaches.
This exercise is performed at a slower pace than others. It helps make your body flexible, pliable and strengthen the lateral muscles, as well as feel the abs, which will help flatten your belly.
Starting position is sitting, back is straight, legs are slightly bent towards the body. Raise your straight right hand above your head and tilt it to the left as much as possible. Hold in this position for a few seconds, feel how the lateral muscles are tense. Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise 10-15 times. After that, work on the second side as well. The exercise is repeated 2-3 times with a rest break of no more than 20 seconds. Breathing should also be smooth: inhale when bending the arm, exhale when returning to the starting position.
4. Lateral twisting
Exercise will not only strengthen the lateral muscles and bring them to the desired tone, but will also work well on the oblique abdominal muscles.
The starting position is the same as for a regular twist: lying on your back, hands behind your head with straight elbows, feet firmly on the floor and slightly pressed to the body. Twisting is carried out alternately in each direction. The left shoulder is pulled towards the right knee, while the right elbow is on the floor in order to maintain balance and not be injured. Then repeat on the other side as well. Repeat the side crunch at least 10 times, then rest for 10-15 seconds and repeat this exercise 2-3 more times.
This exercise can tone your body, strengthen your abs and burn belly fat. The initial position is lying on your back, feet are on the mat close to the body, hands behind the head. Raise your head gently and lower it gently, feel how the press strains. At the same time, it is important to breathe correctly: inhale when you lower and exhale when raising your head. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times. Then rest and do two more such approaches. Only by alternating rest and work will the effect of this exercise be.
2. Side bar
The principle of the exercise is the same as in the regular plank, but the execution is much more difficult. Often, the side bar is performed when the usual one is already easily given daily and the lesson needs to be complicated. However, a combination and alternation of these two loads is possible. This exercise fights obesity, strengthens the abdominal muscles, and lifts the flanks at a high intensity.
The exercise is performed as follows: you need to lie down on your side, then stand up and rest one hand on the floor, bending it at the elbow. Also, your feet will serve as the second fulcrum. The other hand at the waist does not help with the exercise. The same exact load will need to be repeated for the other side.
This is a very popular versatile exercise that will help you to tidy up not only your abs, but also strengthen your legs, arms, buttocks and back. The only condition is to do the plank exercise daily and correctly. Unlike other exercises, this one does not require repetition. It is done once for 20-30 seconds at the beginning of training and then the time increases to 2-3 minutes.
Correct execution: elbows are on the floor, hands can be locked, back and legs are straight. So you need to stand as long as possible. It may seem easy at first, but with every second you will feel the abs and lateral muscles more and more. Make sure that your legs and back are straight and your buttocks are not lifted up. Otherwise, the execution of the bar will be incorrect and ineffective.
Many people dream of an ideal figure, but you need to constantly and a lot of work on it. We've looked at the top 10 exercises for a flat stomach, slimmer waist and slimming sides and learned how to get it right. You are now armed and ready to start exercising.