How to lose weight on a skinny diet?
The Lean Diet was invented in the 1980s by American nutritionists for clinical use. Initially, a strict low-calorie diet was prescribed for people whose body mass index exceeded 35, but later many losing weight began to practice it, since it allows you to lose from 5 to 10 kg by burning fat on the hips and waist.
What is this diet?
The lean diet is an alternation of various low-calorie and fasting days. It is due to the low daily calorie content of the diet that the process of burning fat starts. However, for the same reason, during the diet, you need to refrain from mental and physical exertion, as well as stressful situations. Outdoor walks and spa treatments are recommended.
Before a skinny diet, it is necessary to be examined at a medical center and consult a doctor. In addition, it is recommended to observe it under the supervision of a specialist, because such a diet can exacerbate chronic diseases and the development of new ailments.
If the diet is extremely difficult to tolerate, causing general weakness, dizziness and decreased performance, it is worth switching to a more balanced diet.
A lean diet involves following these rules:
- strictly observe the menu (no snacks are prohibited! );
- the proposed list of products should be distributed over 3-4 meals, and you need to chew thoroughly to create the impression of a regular meal;
- follow the drinking regime - drink 1. 5-2 liters of water per day (teas and herbal infusions are allowed, but without sugar);
- pure non-carbonated water can be drunk with the addition of a slice of lemon or lime;
- take the last meal 3 hours before bedtime, otherwise a late snack can slow down the metabolic process, which will reduce the effectiveness of the diet;
- freshly squeezed juice is included in the diet of some days, but banana and grape juices should be discarded, since they are high in calories, and it is also worth refraining from pomegranate drink, since it has a bad effect on the stomach.
Store drinks are strictly prohibited because they contain preservatives, dyes and other harmful substances for long-term storage of the product. In addition, they lack vitamins and microelements, which are destroyed during heat treatment of fruits.
Entering the diet
Takes 3 days. First of all, you need to exclude the following foods from the diet:
- sweets and bakery products;
- fried and fatty foods;
- carbonated and alcoholic drinks.
The emphasis in nutrition should be made on plant foods - vegetables, fruits, dried fruits. It is recommended to prepare vegetable salads, dietary meat and fish, as well as natural juices and cocktails.
The diet differs depending on the duration of the diet. It can be observed for 7 to 20 days. Of course, it is worth starting with the weekly option to test your capabilities, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of the diet.
For 7 days
Allows you to lose about 5 kg. The weekly ration is as follows:
- Day 1. Drink 1 liter of milk. In addition, as part of the drinking regime, it is important to drink the daily rate of water. It is allowed to start the morning with a cup of black coffee, but it is advisable to give preference to green tea.
- Day 2. Eat 200 g of cottage cheese and drink 800 ml of tomato or citrus juice. Any drinks with the addition of banana, mango and grapes are prohibited.
- Day 3. Drink 1 liter of mineral water without gas.
- Day 4. Bake 4 potatoes without salt and spices. Drink 800 ml of sugar-free juice.
- Day 5. Eat 5 apples, preferably a green variety.
- Day 6. Eat 200 g of dietary meat (chicken breast, beef, turkey) and drink 800 ml of juice.
- Day 7. Drink 1 liter of kefir.
Sour milk products as part of the diet should be chosen only low-fat.
For 14 days
The results of the two-week diet are promising - minus about 8 kg. Diet by day:
- Day 1. Drink any amount of green tea throughout the day.
- Day 2. Drink 800 ml of kefir.
- Day 3. Drink any amount of green tea or with mint (lemon balm). You can use stevia as a sweetener.
- Day 4. Drink only still mineral water.
- Day 5. Drink 1 liter of water and eat 1 apple, divided into 2 doses. If desired, the fruit can be baked in the oven.
- Day 6. Drink 1 liter of milk.
- Day 7. Drink green tea or with mint without restriction.
- Day 8. Drink 1 liter of skimmed milk (return).
- Day 9. Eat two fresh or baked apples and drink 1 liter of water.
- Day 10. Drink 1 liter of kefir.
- Day 11. Eat 400-600 g of fresh cucumbers.
- Day 12. Drink green tea or with mint without restriction.
- Day 13. Drink 1 liter of milk.
- Day 14. Eat three fresh or baked apples and drink 1 liter of water.
For 20 days
This is the longest-lasting diet, and will allow you to lose about 10 kg. You need to start it with a 7-day diet, and the menu from the 8th to the 20th day looks like this:
- Day 8. There are stewed vegetables, lean meat and dairy products in reasonable quantities.
- Day 9. Eat 200 g of cottage cheese and drink freshly squeezed juice. You can make a smoothie with several fruits, excluding banana and grapes.
- Day 10. Eat 200 g of lean fish (pollock, lemonem) or shrimp. Drink juice.
- Day 11. Bake 4 potatoes and drink juice.
- Day 12. Eat 5 green apples. Can be baked in the oven.
- Day 13. Eat 200 g of dietary meat and drink 800 ml of juice.
- Day 14. Drink 1 liter of kefir.
- Day 15. This is a day of "rest" when you can move away from the diet. You can eat any healthy food. Preference should be given to cereals, soups in weak meat or fish broth, salads.
- Day 16. Eat 5 apples.
- Day 17. Eat 200 g of meat and drink 800 ml of juice.
- Day 18. Drink 1 liter of kefir.
- Day 19. Eat 200 g of cottage cheese and drink 1 liter of water.
- Day 20. Eat 1 apple and drink 1 liter of kefir.
Quitting the diet
It is a mistake to assume that after a lean diet, you can immediately return to your normal diet. This will not only cause the "return" of the lost kilograms, but also harm your health. The fact is that during the days of the diet, the body weaned from digesting normal food due to a decrease in the quantity and quality of the digestive enzymes obtained. So, you need to gradually "learn" to eat correctly, so as not to cause problems with the stomach and intestines.
When drawing up the menu, it should be borne in mind that soft foods with a minimum content of coarse dietary fiber and fiber should prevail in the diet. Taking this rule into account, the scheme for exiting the diet looks like this:
- Day 1. Prepare a light vegetable soup without salt. Eat it in 4-5 meals, and the portions should be moderate - 200-250 ml each. It is forbidden to add beans and pasta to the soup.
- Day 2. Include steamed vegetables and baked or boiled fish in the diet. Such food will saturate the body with useful substances, but will not disrupt the work of the gastrointestinal tract. Milk and herbal teas can be included in the drinking regimen.
- Day 3. Introduce a portion of boiled meat without skin, bones and fat layers. If desired, you can cook baked or steam cutlets. For a side dish, broccoli puree or other boiled vegetables are perfect.
- Day 4. To activate the work of the stomach and intestinal motility, prepare a viscous porridge for breakfast - oatmeal, barley or corn. It is better not to salt the porridge, but you can cook it in milk. You can introduce semolina and rice into the diet in a week.
- Days 5-7. Gradually increase the portions and their calorie content to the daily value.
- Days 8 - 10. Include a limited amount of heavy food, which is recommended to be served in the morning to digest during the day. In any case, you should refrain from eating too fatty and high-calorie foods.
The amount of coffee and tea should be limited to 1-2 cups per day.
On a skinny diet, you don't have to indulge yourself with original dishes, but it is worth taking into account recipes that will greatly facilitate compliance with a low-calorie diet:
- Herbal decoction. Combine a bunch of lemon balm and 1 tbsp. l. green tea. Transfer the raw materials into a kettle and pour 1 liter of water at 90 degrees. Insist and drink, diluted with warm water.
- Sweet green tea. Connect 1, 5 st. l. green tea and 1 tbsp. l. stevia herbs. Brew 1 liter of water at 95 degrees, leave for 20 minutes and you can drink.
- Jacket Potatoes. Lay a baking sheet with paper and lay out the potatoes, having previously made cross-shaped cuts so that they do not burst. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven for 30 minutes, preheated to 180 degrees. During the cooking period, potatoes can be sprinkled with water or dill tincture.
- Baked apples. Cover the baking sheet with parchment and lay out the fruits, which are baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. Golden apples are most suitable for baking.
On diet days when juicing is permitted, the following fruit juices can be prepared:
- Peel 4 oranges and squeeze out the juice. Add 100 g of raspberries and cranberries. Beat in a blender with 3-4 ice cubes. Insist 2-3 minutes and drink.
- Peel 2-3 grapefruits and 500 g of tangerines. Squeeze the juice from citrus fruits, combine, sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon, mix and drink.
- Peel 4 green apples and 1 pear. Remove cores, combine and beat in a blender. Add 1 stalk of celery, 3-4 ice cubes and beat again. If necessary, add cold water.
A lean diet can cause diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including gastritis. So, it is important to observe it under the supervision of a doctor in order to interrupt weight loss in time. In addition, after such a diet, metabolic disorders, psychological problems and weakening of the immune system, as well as hair loss and brittle nails, are possible. So, in order to normalize the condition, it is important to get out of the diet correctly, as well as drink a course of vitamins.
It is strongly discouraged to go on a skinny diet for those who have a normal body mass index and want to lose only a few pounds. It is also contraindicated for people with any pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, heart and kidneys, as well as chronic diseases. From such a method of losing weight, you need to be nursing mothers, pregnant women and adolescents, since a deficiency of vitamins and useful elements will have an extremely negative effect on their health.
So, the lean diet is a strict, low-calorie diet that was developed for people with a body mass index of 35 or more units. It is worth adhering to such a diet only after consulting a doctor and under his strict control in order to minimize its negative effects on the body as much as possible.