Types and effectiveness of buckwheat diet - how much you can lose weight
Someone has calculated that there are about 2000 diets with which people hope to lose weight and improve their health. Many recently very fashionable dietary restrictions have already been forgotten or recognized as frankly harmful, but there is an “eternal dietary classic”, which has proven its effectiveness through long-term practice. The most effective methods of losing weight rightfully include the buckwheat diet, which is based on the use of buckwheat as the only or main product for a certain period of time - from 1 day to 2 weeks.
The advantages of such a diet are many, there are few shortcomings and contraindications, so it has been used for many years and will continue to be used in official dietetics.
Why buckwheat and what is a buckwheat diet
Today buckwheat is recognized as one of the most valuable cereal food products. She has a unique vitamin and mineral composition, a high content of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iodine. Only buckwheat contains a full set of all vital amino acids, biologically active substances, as well as fiber, which cleanses the intestines well, due to which the effect of weight loss is created. Buckwheat affects weight loss and the fact that this cereal is rich in easily digestible vegetable protein, which is all converted into energy, porridge keeps the feeling of satiety for a long time. And buckwheat does not contain gluten (gluten) - the main allergen in cereals and cereals. Thanks to this, the porridge can also be consumed by allergy sufferers, unless there is an individual intolerance to the product.
The buckwheat diet belongs to the category of mono-diets, i. e. for the entire period of restriction of the diet, the main product is only porridge, cooked in a special way. It is eaten 4-5 times a day, the optimal amount of ready-made porridge for one meal is 200 g.
A number of complementary foods are acceptable, making dieting less difficult. The effectiveness of weight loss with a buckwheat diet depends on its duration and severity. Losing weight with buckwheat allows you to get rid of 0. 5 kg in 1 day to 12-15 kg in a two-week course.
Who is not allowed
There are few contraindications to the buckwheat diet:
- individual intolerance;
- renal failure;
- acidity gastritis;
- stomach or duodenal ulcer;
- type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus;
- breastfeeding period (to maintain the value of mother's milk and sufficient lactation).
It is not contraindicated for pregnant women to use a buckwheat diet, but the following recommendations must be followed:
- consultation with the leading pregnancy doctor is required;
- forbidden to starve;
- you need to choose a gentle type of diet with additional products;
- the restriction period should not exceed 3 days.
For the results of the diet to please, you must adhere to certain rules. First and foremost, a positive attitude and the belief that restrictions will not be in vain. And you should also follow the recommendations of nutritionists:
- only light-colored or green kernels are taken on a buckwheat diet, do not use heavily fried cereals;
- cereals should not be boiled, but steamed in boiling water or soaked in kefir for at least 6 hours;
- ready-made grains should not be hard, so as not to scratch the stomach lining;
- number of meals - 4-6 during the day in equal portions;
- you need to eat for the last time 4 hours before bedtime;
- a buckwheat diet requires a sufficient amount of liquid - at least 2. 5 liters per day of pure water or green tea without sugar;
- porridge must be thoroughly chewed, it is unacceptable to just swallow it;
- You can sit on a buckwheat mono-diet for no more than 2 weeks.
For those who have problems with the digestive tract, a more gentle diet on boiled buckwheat is acceptable.
Basics of mono-meal on buckwheat
The main thing in this method of losing weight is properly cooked cereals. We can safely say that a buckwheat diet is for the lazy, becausethere is no need to cook porridge for every meal. The daily portion is prepared 1 time in advance and without much hassle: 1 glass of cereal must be cleaned of unnecessary inclusions, rinsed several times until it is transparent and pour in 2. 5 cups of boiling water. Wrap the pot and leave it like that until morning. Do not salt. The easiest way is to steam in a thermos with a wide mouth.
In the morning, you can rinse the porridge again with boiling water and divide it into portions, store it in the refrigerator (no more than 12 hours), and warm it up to a comfortable temperature before use.
For green buckwheat, a mandatory step is rinsing with hot water before use. This removes mucus and phytic acid, which impart bitterness and prevent the full absorption of nutrients.
For those who find it difficult to chew one buckwheat, you can add a little warm boiled water to make a kind of buckwheat soup.
If buckwheat is soaked in kefir, it is completely ready for eating.
What should be avoided from the diet
The mono-diet is about consuming only the main food and liquid. It is difficult to withstand such a strict restriction for more than 5-7 days, therefore, a number of products may be included in the diet for a longer period. But there is a list of those that are strictly prohibited, they negate the entire positive effect of the diet. These include:
- sugar and synthetic sweeteners;
- oil and other fats;
- fresh milk and sour cream;
- fatty cottage cheese and cheeses;
- fatty meat and fish;
- bread and other baked goods;
- sweets, confectionery;
- all cereals;
- tea, coffee, packaged and sweet juices, compotes;
- all kinds of soda, mineral water;
- a range of fruits: grapes, bananas, pears, plums, pineapple, apricots and peaches, strawberries, watermelon, pumpkin, melon, oranges, tangerines;
- almost all vegetables (list of allowed in the next section);
- all nuts - because of their high calorie content;
- all kinds of legumes;
- sunflower and pumpkin seeds;
- all spices and seasonings;
- all snacks and fast food;
- alcohol in any form.
Some nutritionists adamantly insist that honey, chocolate and dried fruits are prohibited foods, while others argue that a spoonful of honey a day, a cube of chocolate, a few dried apricots or prunes in a long-term diet will help muffle hunger and replenish energy deficits. This is important for those who work intensively, and for pregnant women, dried fruits must be included in the diet.
The list of foods and dishes that can be combined with buckwheat depends on the type of diet chosen.
With a rigid short-term mono-diet (3-5 days), there are only two of them:
- low-fat kefir (no more than 1%);
- homemade yoghurt without skim milk additives.
Sour milk, serum and ayran should not be used - they cause bloating and retain fluid in the body.
In a therapeutic and slimming diet that lasts more than 3 days, it is permissible to include the following foods in the diet:
- kefir (up to 1 l per day), yogurt without additives (d 0. 25 l per day);
- low-fat cottage cheese (up to 150 g);
- boiled meat - chicken, turkey, veal, beef fillets (up to 200 g);
- boiled lean fish (or steamed);
- from fresh vegetables - cucumbers, broccoli and carfiola, celery, fresh herbs (up to 150 g);
- only sour fruits from fruits - lemon, grapefruit, green apples, red orange (up to 200 g);
- sour berries, excluding cherries (up to 100 g);
- dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes, white raisins, dried cranberries, lingonberries, currants, mountain ash) (up to 50 g).
A teaspoon of honey can be added to your diet once a day to help you handle hunger more easily. You can also lose weight if you eat buckwheat with milk, but the effect will not be so obvious, becausemilk porridge requires cooking and its calorie content is much higher. Milk itself does not belong to dietary products, it causes fermentation processes in the stomach and intestines, inhibits the absorption of nutrients from cereals. There is no diet on milk buckwheat.
The correct drinking regime is the key to getting the maximum effect from the buckwheat diet. An insufficient amount of fluid creates problems with the digestive tract, severe constipation and nausea may appear. Excess water leads to the appearance of edema and leaching of the necessary substances from the body.
Nutritionists consider the optimal amount of liquid to be 2. 5 liters per day, for large people - 3 liters, for those whose weight is below 55 kg - 2 liters.
This amount is determined only by the liquid that is drunk separately and is not included in the food.
You can use:
- clean water (spring or filtered);
- mineral water without gas (if there are no contraindications);
- lemon water: 10-15 drops of fresh lemon juice for 1 glass of water;
- sugar free green tea.
In the case of a not very strict diet, also allowed:
- 1 cup of weak, sugar-free black tea in the morning;
- sugar-free birch sap (200 ml);
- fruit juice without sugar (half fresh juice and water - 200 ml);
- cucumber juice (no more than 100 ml);
- Dried Apples, Pears and Plums Uzvar, Sugar Free (200 ml).
All other drinks are prohibited.
Is it possible to salt buckwheat
Correctly use buckwheat for weight loss without salt. For those who find it difficult to eat completely unsalted food, instead of kitchen food, it is better to take sea food salt, in which there are many additional minerals.
Another way to make the porridge tastier is to use a little soy sauce.
Vegetables in buckwheat diet
Despite the great benefits of vegetables, especially raw vegetables, their use in buckwheat is very limited. This is due to the fact that the body requires a lot of energy to process them, and there is so little energy during the restriction of the diet.
Raw vegetables, due to their high fiber content, act as a "brush" for the intestines and sweep away other foods before all the nutrients have been absorbed.
White cabbage, Peking cabbage, Brussels sprouts and Savoy cabbage, raw carrots and beets, all types of legumes provoke bloating, have a laxative effect, which is undesirable during this difficult period for the body.
Vegetables such as potatoes and Jerusalem artichoke are high in calories and people who combine them with buckwheat instead of losing weight can even get fat.
Tomatoes and peppers irritate the stomach lining and induce appetite.
Of the allowed raw vegetables, fresh cucumbers, daikon and limited greens (parsley, dill, lettuce, Swiss chard leaves and stalks) can be distinguished. In boiled form (preferably steamed), you can add kohlrabi cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli, celery stalks, carrots, spinach to the diet. The maximum amount of vegetables is 150 g per day.
How much buckwheat you can eat
There are no strict rules on how much buckwheat you can eat during the diet. In some sources, they write “the quantity is unlimited”. But this is fundamentally wrong! If you suppress hunger with a large amount of porridge, then you can recover even from "naked" buckwheat.
The optimal serving size per serving is 200 g of ready-made porridge. For 4 doses it will be 800 g. So much can be obtained by steaming 1. 5 cups of dry cereals in 400 ml of water or kefir. This amount will be sufficient for a person of average weight. For large people, portions can be increased by a third so that the feeling of hunger is not painful.
With a lax diet, when other foods are added, it is advisable to reduce the amount of porridge.
Types of Diet
There are more than 50 varieties of buckwheat diet, they differ in type (strict and soft), in terms (from 1 day to 2 weeks), according to purpose.
1 day on buckwheat
This is a strict option, in just 1 day the restriction can be dropped on a buckwheat diet from 0. 5 to 1 kg. The menu contains only 2-fold reception of steamed buckwheat and an abundant drink. To sustain 1 day on such a diet is not difficult, easier than just starving. There are no special exit rules - the very next day you can return to the original diet.
Buckwheat diet for 3 days
This type is also tough and does not involve the use of other products. A strict mono-diet is a 4 meals a day (200 g of porridge each) with a drink 30 minutes before meals and 30 minutes after meals.
This option makes it relatively easy to shed 1 to 3 pounds unnecessary. When leaving the 3-day diet, other foods should be introduced gradually and this period should last at least 2 days.
It is not difficult to withstand this option, and the result can be very pleasant - from 3 to 5 kg minus, with a strict diet - and up to 6-7 kg.
There are several types of the weekly diet:
- semi-rigid (on kefir);
In a hard or strict type, the menu is similar to a 3-day one and looks like this:
- a glass of pure or lemon water 20-30 minutes before breakfast;
- 200 g of cooked porridge;
- a glass of water or green tea 30 minutes after a meal;
- in the interval another 1-2 glasses of liquid, and a glass before dinner;
- 200 g of porridge for lunch;
- after 30 minutes - a glass of liquid;
- 200 g of porridge for an afternoon snack;
- water half an hour before and after, as well as before dinner;
- dinner - 200 g of porridge, no later than 3 hours before bedtime;
- a glass of water before bed.
The semi-rigid menu contains up to 1 liter of kefir per day. They can soak cereals or drink steamed in water.
The soft version of the buckwheat diet for 7 days has approximately the following menu:
- drinking regimen is the same as in the previous version, only part of the liquid;
- can be replaced with legal drinks;
- breakfast - 200 g of buckwheat with kefir or yogurt;
- in between - a fruit or several pieces of dried fruit;
- lunch - porridge plus boiled meat or fish;
- afternoon tea - porridge plus salad or allowed vegetables;
- dinner - porridge and cottage cheese, kefir or yogurt;
- before going to bed - a glass of kefir mixed with water.
This menu is recommended for pregnant women, regardless of the duration of the diet.
Two Week Diet
This is the toughest option, only the most persistent will withstand the strict regime (sample in the weekly menu). But, according to those who have lost weight, you can say goodbye to 10-15 kg, one woman on the Internet shares her experience of how she lost 20 kg (it's hard to believe, but miracles happen).
To get good results and make restrictions less painful, nutritionists recommend a combination diet:
- the first 3 days - a strict menu;
- the next 4 days - buckwheat-kefir diet;
- second week - gradual transition to the soft option.
Such a daily menu allows you to simplify and exit from the diet, the transition will not be long and will exclude the subsequent return of weight.
Therapeutic version of buckwheat diet
This is a gentle type and almost coincides with a soft diet. This means that in addition to buckwheat porridge, the menu also includes additional products, but their list depends on the disease for which the therapeutic diet is prescribed.
The healing effect of buckwheat is based on its ability to cleanse blood vessels from cholesterol plaques, heal the liver, free the intestines from accumulations, improve the condition of the skin, hair, nails, and reduce swelling.
The main therapeutic diet menu looks like this:
- breakfast: a portion of porridge without salt, a glass of kefir or 125 g of cottage cheese or 50 g of hard cheese;
- second breakfast - fruit or berries;
- lunch: porridge, 200 g of boiled meat or fish, 100 g of vegetable salad;
- afternoon snack: fruit or 150 g of plain yogurt;
- dinner: porridge and boiled vegetables or a glass of kefir.
Doctors often recommend boiling cereals for a therapeutic diet, so it becomes softer and easier to process. You can also lose weight on boiled buckwheat, although not so much.
Buckwheat diet with additives
It is difficult to keep a mono-diet only on steamed cereals and water. It would be more acceptable to follow one of the buckwheat diet options with additional products. How much you can throw off on a buckwheat diet depends on the type and amount of additives. The most effective types are with kefir or dried fruits.
Diet on porridge and kefir
The most popular version of the buckwheat mono-diet, the diet includes cereals and kefir with a fat content of 0 or 1%.
There are two options for preparing buckwheat:
- soak in kefir overnight and eat it like that;
- steamed with boiling water, and washed down with kefir when eating.
Both methods are equal in quality and effectiveness.
The slimming effect is achieved not only by reducing the amount of food, but also by the mild laxative effect of the combination of these products, which accelerates the cleansing of the body. Doctors about the buckwheat diet with kefir respond very positively.
Often this type of diet is used for fasting days after a holiday banquet, alcoholic drinking, banal overeating, or just for recovery.
One word of caution - on the day of such a diet, you need to be at home so as not to get into an awkward situation with access to the toilet.
With dried fruits
This type of diet is the most delicious, but not suitable for everyone due to allergies to dried fruits or intolerance to their components. Such a menu tastes better than porridge without additives, it dampens the feeling of hunger well. The result of losing weight will be lower, but also real. The following dried fruits are used:
- dried apricots, apricots;
- dried currants, cranberries, lingonberries;
- raisins from white grape varieties.
They take 50-60 g per day
How to stifle hunger during a diet
If hunger is difficult to bear, you cannot torture yourself. Here are some tips:
- partially suppresses hunger drinking - a glass of water and you can forget about food for half an hour or even an hour;
- brush your teeth, strange, but it helps;
- eat half an apple;
- you can take 1 piece of dried apricots or prunes, chew thoroughly;
- chew a sprig of fresh parsley or cilantro;
- increase the number of meals to 6, it is not necessary to reduce the portion sizes;
- distraction - enjoyable bath, walk, fun.
The correct way out of the diet
This process is no less important than the diet itself, the comfort in the stomach depends on it, the general condition, whether the weight will return in the future.
Correctly exit like this:
- in the first 3 days, adhere to a light diet, without fried, flour and fatty foods;
- introduce new products gradually, for example, one egg, some meat, a slice of bread;
- salt should be limited, sweet - put aside as much as possible for later;
- drink the same amount.
Buckwheat for weight loss is an excellent and proven way to painlessly get rid of extra pounds in a short period of time. The option and duration of its implementation is selected individually, it is advisable to consult a doctor. Even with a positive result, you can not abuse the diet, a break between courses of at least 1 month is required.