Diet for gastritis of the stomach: a menu for a week, what you can and cannot
Diet is the most important component of gastritis therapy. Based on some characteristics of the disease, for example, acidity in the stomach, as well as the presence of erosive, atrophic and other forms, the diet may change relative to what can and cannot be included in the menu.
If a person eats unbalanced, occasionally drinks alcohol, smokes and is subject to frequent severe stress, then he will inevitably develop such a pathology as gastritis. This is a disease that leads to inflammation of the stomach lining, due to which its integrity is disrupted. As a result, various unpleasant symptoms arise, the main of which is acute pain in the upper abdomen. In addition, bloating, belching, nausea and vomiting appear, appetite decreases or disappears altogether, which often leads to a decrease in body weight. Gastritis of the stomach can be of different forms, including the ability to be caused by an infectious environment, but in any case, for successful treatment, it is necessary that the diet be healthy. It is necessary not only to change the diet, to determine what you can and cannot eat, but also to change the principles of nutrition, make it a regime with a stable menu for the whole week, divide the entire amount of food into 5-6 meals. With an exacerbation, the diet should be tightened, in addition, there are some nuances if gastritis is characterized by high or low acidity.
What can and cannot be done with gastritis?
The main differences in diet will be determined by acidity. What kind of indicator in a particular patient is determined during the diagnosis, prior therapy.
With increased acidity, which occurs most often, you need to follow three basic principles:
- Mechanical. . . It defines a ban on fried food, besides this, coarse fiber is not allowed, for example, bran bread, rutabagas, turnips, meat veins.
- Chemical. . . It says that you need to give up foods that promote the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which is required for the digestion process, for example, from soda, alcohol, citrus fruits. In addition, concentrated rich broths based on meat and fish are prohibited.
- Thermal. . . It consists in eating food at an optimal temperature, which is usually in the range of 16-55 degrees Celsius. If the food is hotter or colder, then during gastritis it causes irritation of the esophagus, which leads to an increase in the duration of the absorption of food and, accordingly, an increased load on the stomach.
If the environment in the stomach is characterized as acidic, then low-fat types of fish and meat, dairy products, eggs, which can be served with an omelet or boiled soft-boiled, are suitable for nutrition. In addition, the diet may contain peeled tomatoes, boiled zucchini, and potatoes.
The diet for gastritis with low acidity includes foods that promote greater release of enzymes that provide digestion. For this, it is also important to normalize the very procedure of food consumption. This should be done slowly, it is important to spend at least half a minute on chewing one portion of food, and the process of eating itself should last at least half an hour. The secretion of hydrochloric acid significantly improves the intake of slightly carbonated mineral water, 200 ml of such water should be drunk every time before meals. Various fruits and vegetables are allowed, which must be eaten immediately after the end of the meal, since snacks are not allowed by the diet. Fruits and vegetables should be chosen light, according to the principle of the absence of hard fibers. To further facilitate the digestion process, it is better to peel the fruit in advance and eat only the pulp.
Decreased acidity brings some relief compared to high acidity. A small amount of chocolate products, light soups and broths and river fish, mushrooms and lean meats, which include rabbit and veal, are acceptable. Milk derivatives are allowed, but it is better to refuse it.
What is not allowed?
With gastritis with any acidity, you can not use:
- Chocolate products;
- Fried, spicy food;
- Alcoholic drinks;
- Foods rich in vegetable or animal fats;
How to eat with an exacerbation - a menu for a week
With an exacerbation, a compromise should be found and made so that the body receives all the necessary nutrients and trace elements, but the diet was neutral, not irritating to the mucous membrane and so much inflamed. In this situation, digestion needs to be helped as much as possible so that it passes very quickly. To do this, try to grind all food as much as possible, and for cooking use only cooking or steam cooking.
It is important to make the compiled menu not only balanced and gentle, but also to adhere to it exactly, eating food at a strictly defined time every day. The intervals between doses cannot be more than three hours, otherwise the stomach will empty and the aggravation will only intensify. It is impossible to convey, as it is fraught with gastric congestion. In the evenings, you need to eat no later than three to four hours before bedtime.
Oddly enough, but during the exacerbation period, it is recommended to spend the first day on an empty stomach. However, the stomach still needs to be refilled. To do this, you need to drink a lot of still water and lightly brewed tea. Any liquid you drink should be warm. Starting from the second day, liquid porridge is allowed, the same mashed potatoes in water. In addition, boiled eggs, a non-concentrated soup on grated vegetables will be useful. With an exacerbation of gastritis, food rich in fats should be completely excluded from the diet, since its breakdown is very slow.
Menu for the week
Mon and Wed
- Breakfast of oatmeal and compote.
- The second time you can have breakfast with steamed cheesecakes.
- Lunch consists of mashed potatoes, vegetable soup with breadcrumbs, boiled fish, compote.
- Afternoon snack - biscuits with light tea.
- Dinner - a side dish of pasta with steamed cutlets from lean meat, light tea.
TUE, THU, SAT
- Breakfast consists of baked apples, cheesecakes and compote.
- The second time you should have breakfast with one glass of jelly.
- You need to dine with vegetable broth, steam fish, mineral water from gases.
- An afternoon snack is allowed with unsweetened light teas with white bread croutons.
- For dinner, cottage cheese casserole and compote.
- Breakfast should be boiled eggs for 5-6 minutes, washed down with compote.
- During the second breakfast, eat cheesecakes with tea.
- Lunch of vegetable stew, grated potato soup, jelly.
- Afternoon snack - a glass of kefir with croutons.
- Dinner should be boiled fish with porridge on the water.
Diet number 1 for gastritis
Diet # 1 appears to be tough enough. However, its use is a forced measure, since the restoration of normal digestion and non-irritation of the gastric mucosa is very important in gastritis or if an ulcer is found in a person. This diet is prescribed at the end of the exacerbation phase of the disease. Of the cooking methods, you can only use cooking, steaming, baking. It is extremely important to reduce the amount of salt consumed, since its presence negatively affects the state of the inner surface of the stomach, in addition, salt slows down the removal of water from the body.
Diet # 1 involves dividing the entire daily diet into five to six meals in small portions. In this case, the total amount of consumed calories cannot exceed 2000.
Among the main dishes that should be included in diet number 1, there are:
- Vegetable soup. The vegetable base can be replaced with noodles or rice.
- Lean meat and fish without veins and other difficult-to-digest elements.
- Bread products should be consumed yesterday, dried, and also in the form of crackers.
In moderate quantities, you can eat fermented milk products, for example, cottage cheese, yogurt, skim milk.
Cannot be consumed with diet number 1:
- Rye bread.
- Soups based on mushrooms, meat - you will have to give up okroshka, borscht, cabbage soup.
- Smoked products.
- Fish and other canned food.
Diet with an erosive form
Gastritis is called erosive when the action of the disease causes the appearance of gastric erosion, called an ulcer. An ulcer is a more serious disease that can lead to very serious consequences, including, for example, peritonitis, when wall erosion gradually leads to a through hole, as a result of which the contents of the stomach enter the abdominal cavity. This situation is fraught with death without urgent surgical treatment.
The causes of erosion, along with the action of Helicobacter Pylori infection, are exposure to substances or excessively acidic gastric juice. Thus, with erosive gastritis, it is very important to eat right in order to slow down and reverse the process of ulcer formation.
Here are the principles on which the diet should be based if the patient has erosive gastritis:
- Foods eaten should irritate the stomach wall to a minimum and prevent acidity from increasing.
- You need to eat liquid, warm, grated food on an ongoing basis. At the same time, it is necessary to minimize the amount of fat and salt in the diet.
- Refusal of bad habits, spices, soda.
- Vegetables should be cooked using a heat treatment.
- The emphasis in food should be on soups and cereals.
Diet and menu if the patient has atrophic gastritis
The atrophic form is relatively difficult to diagnose, since there are no symptoms in the early phase of the pathology. Of the few signs of the disease, one can note the presence of belching after fried and fatty, which smells very unpleasant. In addition, the inevitable companions of atrophic gastritis are a state of general weakness, brittle legs and hair, and skin problems.
Atrophic gastritis imposes serious restrictions on the list of what is possible and what is not. In the diet, you should refuse:
- Black bakery products, baked muffins.
- Smoked meals.
- Mushrooms in any form.
- Peas, beans.
- Canned food.
- Uncooked fruits and vegetables.
- Soda, including mineral water.
Like other diets for gastritis, during the atrophic stage, cooking methods such as frying and smoking are completely prohibited. To bring to a state of readiness for use, products can be boiled, steamed, baked
With atrophic gastritis, it is important to eat:
- Soups based on grated vegetables.
- Various cereals on the water.
- Boiled lean meat, very finely minced.
- Low fat milk derivatives.
- Boiled eggs.
- Unleavened white bread, breadcrumbs.
- Heat-treated fruits and vegetables.
- For sweets, you can pamper yourself with marmalade, jelly, mousse.